Who are RackSRV and why should you host with us?
- Having first opened its doors back in 2007, RackSRV has built up an unblemished reputation for service, value and honesty within the hosting community and thus is a brand name you can trust with your hosting needs.
- We own and operate our own network and infrastructure within Kent. We're not merely reselling other companies services for a mark-up and thus by dealing directly with us (the organ grinder!) you will benefit from a superior service.
- Both ourselves and our hand selected partners utilise only the best hardware throughout our networks from industry leading vendors such as Cisco, Dell, HP, Intel, Juniper & Supermicro to ensure absolute reliability and adequate backup support in the event of an issue.
- We lease office and storage space within the data centre building. The close proximity enables us to offer expedited support and delivery times vs remote staff and relying on third party intelligent hands.
- Our small yet highly proficient team are very friendly and are only too happy to take your call/email/live chat - you will never have the hassle of trying to decipher broken/bad English as we do not utilise cheap, outsourced remote workers from overseas.
- Given that our roots stem from unmanaged hosting, we have spared no expense in developing what's probably one of the best management panels for server hosting. Our clients can reliably and easily initiate tasks such as reboots, O/S reinstalls, recovery sessions, DNS management and more!
- We offer fantastic opportunities for those who want to earn revenue by either referring or reselling our hosting services to their peers or customers.
- RackSRV is a LTD, VAT registered business with Ripe LIR & eNom memberships as well as being programme partners of cPanel, DirectAdmin & Microsoft.
How powerful is RackSRV’s network?Whilst we own and maintain our own switching and routing equipment, we decided that taking static IP transit from a reliable and competent upstream backed by a comprehensive SLA was a better approach than dabbling in BGP routing ourselves. As such, we connect to SOTA's carrier class 'mesh network' from within Kent Science Park via two 10Gbit fibre links which terminate on diverse equipment in diverse buildings.
- You can test throughput to our network by grabbing a 10MB/100MB test file from our file server at pxe1.racksrv.com/speed.
- Additionally latency and routing can be tested by pinging our website URL directly (www.racksrv.com) as it is hosted onsite.
What Data Centres are RackSRV present in?
Our primary POP (point of presence) is located within SOTA's 810 data centre facility at Kent Science Park - a thriving technology hub in North Kent.
SOTA's 810 facility aligns itself as a tier-3/tier-4 aliged data centre which benefits from the following specification:
- Redundant Power: The facility provides redundant, high-capacity and reliable power. High specification N+N UPS units backed up by N+N on-site diesel generators seamlessly maintains customer and plant load for the entire building should the mains grid unexpectedly fail.
- Air Conditioning: To ensure optimum performance, all data floors are maintained at a constant 21°C ± 2°C by N+N Denco units and relative humidity is kept at 50% ± 10%. Both are continually monitored by the building management system which also monitors sensors covering electrical, mechanical, fire and leak detection systems
- Fire Detection/Suppression: The facility combines a VESDA system with an FM200 gas based fire retardant that is environmentally friendly. These systems are linked to the building management system enabling fires to be put out instantly without damaging equipment.
- Site Security: The facility is located within a secure 500,000 sq. ft. campus which benefits from a 24x7 manned security presence, 3 meter high alarmed perimeter fence and comprehensive CCTV system. Additionally, the data centre itself has its own dedicated CCTV system and employs a proximity access control system for entry.
We also maintain a secondary tier-2 aligned POP within a private server room located externally from Kent Science Park. This secondary POP benefits from diverse power and network infrastructure for DR purposes.
News @ RackSRV
- 01MarKSP Network Maintenance 08/03/18 - Compl...
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on a leg of...04JanKSP Network Maintenance 10/02/18 - Compl...
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on a leg of...25JulReminder: Network Maintenance Tonight - ...
Just a quick reminder that as per yesterdays network maintenance notification, we have a window o...
- 10JunNetwork issue affecting KSP POP - Resolv...
We are aware of a network issue affecting our KSP POP.Our upstream is aware of the issue and is c...19MayDR Network Upgrade 24/05/17 - Completed
With the migration and upgrade of our primary POP in Kent Science Park completed, we now shift ou...10MayLoss of network at primary POP (KSP) - R...
We're currently investigating what appears to be a router crash at our primary POP in KSP - pleas...
- 22MarKSP Network Upgrade 29/03/17 - Completed...
With the relocation of our infrastructure expected to conclude on 27/03/17, the final task is to ...08MarKSP F25 Generator Maintenance - Complete...
We have received notification from the facility operator of our F25 POP in Kent Science Park that...01MarLoss of network at KSP POP - Resolved
We are aware of a service impacting issue affecting our transit at KSP.According to our transit s...
- 17FebDR Network Issues - Resolved
We're aware of and are investigating a connectivity issue with our DR facility - we shall post an...15FebKSP Backhaul Maintenance 19/02/17 - Comp...
We have received communication from our network backhaul provider that they are planning to carry...09JanVPS Infrastructure Migration 19/01/17 - ...
As per an email sent out to all affected clients on 09/01/17:Here at RackSRV we are always lookin...
I have been totally satisfied with the service by RackSrv. The only reason I had to cancel my account was because I didn't need a dedicated server anymore. Thumbs up for the great support and their reliable servers!Stephan
Crosstek IT have been using RackSrv for over a year now with a faultless service. We will continue to use their services and would happily recommend them. Long may it continue!!Jon - Crosstek IT Ltd
I have been a customer of RackSRV with three co-located servers for over 3 years now and cannot fault the reliability of the service or the commitment of Jon and his team when I have needed assistance. I would happily recommend RackSRV to anyone :)Ed
Fast customer support and fast speeds from racksrv. Don't look anywhere else if you need a server based in the UK at an affordable price!Karl Heinz
I've been with Racksrv now since 2007 and very happy with the service provided. Jon and the Racksrv team always seem to go beyond the call of duty to support and accommodate your needs. If someone is looking for a decent hosting solution backed by a high quality team I would instantly recommend Racksrv.James
Excellent support; good people to work with. Jon and Lee have been great to deal with, and I would not hesitate to recommend Racksrv. They do a very good job of communicating with clients, and are always quick to answer any queries.David - Britain Express Limited
We now have twelve months experience of using a RackSRV dedicated server to run our ecommerce business, and are happy to vouch for their great value, performance, service, uptime and support (often above & beyond!!).Phil - use-IP Ltd