Who are RackSRV and why should you host with us?
- Having first opened its doors back in 2007, RackSRV has built up an unblemished reputation for service, value and honesty within the hosting community and thus is a brand name you can trust with your hosting needs.
- We own and operate our own network and infrastructure within Kent. We're not merely reselling other companies services for a mark-up and thus by dealing directly with us (the organ grinder!) you will benefit from a superior service.
- Both ourselves and our hand selected partners utilise only the best hardware throughout our networks from industry leading vendors such as Cisco, Dell, HP, Intel, Juniper & Supermicro to ensure absolute reliability and adequate backup support in the event of an issue.
- We lease office and storage space within the data centre building. The close proximity enables us to offer expedited support and delivery times vs remote staff and relying on third party intelligent hands.
- Our small yet highly proficient team are very friendly and are only too happy to take your call/email/live chat - you will never have the hassle of trying to decipher broken/bad English as we do not utilise cheap, outsourced remote workers from overseas.
- Given that our roots stem from unmanaged hosting, we have spared no expense in developing what's probably one of the best management panels for server hosting. Our clients can reliably and easily initiate tasks such as reboots, O/S reinstalls, recovery sessions, DNS management and more!
- We offer fantastic opportunities for those who want to earn revenue by either referring or reselling our hosting services to their peers or customers.
- RackSRV is a LTD, VAT registered business with Ripe LIR & eNom memberships as well as being programme partners of cPanel, DirectAdmin & Microsoft.
How powerful is RackSRV’s network?Whilst we own and maintain our own switching and routing equipment, we decided that taking static IP transit from a reliable and competent upstream backed by a comprehensive SLA was a better approach than dabbling in BGP routing ourselves. As such, we connect to SOTA's carrier class 'mesh network' from within Kent Science Park via two 10Gbit fibre links which terminate on diverse equipment in diverse buildings.
- You can test throughput to our network by grabbing a 10MB/100MB test file from our file server at pxe1.racksrv.com/speed.
- Additionally latency and routing can be tested by pinging our website URL directly (www.racksrv.com) as it is hosted onsite.
What Data Centres are RackSRV present in?
Our primary POP (point of presence) is located within SOTA's 810 data centre facility at Kent Science Park - a thriving technology hub in North Kent.
SOTA's 810 facility aligns itself as a tier-3/tier-4 aliged data centre which benefits from the following specification:
- Redundant Power: The facility provides redundant, high-capacity and reliable power. High specification N+N UPS units backed up by N+N on-site diesel generators seamlessly maintains customer and plant load for the entire building should the mains grid unexpectedly fail.
- Air Conditioning: To ensure optimum performance, all data floors are maintained at a constant 21°C ± 2°C by N+N Denco units and relative humidity is kept at 50% ± 10%. Both are continually monitored by the building management system which also monitors sensors covering electrical, mechanical, fire and leak detection systems
- Fire Detection/Suppression: The facility combines a VESDA system with an FM200 gas based fire retardant that is environmentally friendly. These systems are linked to the building management system enabling fires to be put out instantly without damaging equipment.
- Site Security: The facility is located within a secure 500,000 sq. ft. campus which benefits from a 24x7 manned security presence, 3 meter high alarmed perimeter fence and comprehensive CCTV system. Additionally, the data centre itself has its own dedicated CCTV system and employs a proximity access control system for entry.
We also maintain a secondary tier-2 aligned POP within a private server room located externally from Kent Science Park. This secondary POP benefits from diverse power and network infrastructure for DR purposes.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
Great service, excellent prices and instant support! It is a pleasure working with you guys. Thank you and keep up the good work!Alexander - Dev Advisory Uk Ltd
Since our clan first got a server with RackSRV we've had nothing but good experiences. The reliability and cost of services were top notch and support are a great help on the very rare occasions they're needed (and that's mostly due to us).Martin
I've been with RackSRV for 2 years now and have been very pleased with their service. Their support is first class, with critical tickets being answered almost immediately. Their manner is always very courteous and they are always happy to offer advice and help if you have problems. I couldn't have picked a ...David - Voyager Web Design UK
Switched host to RackSRV several months back. Very happy with the hosting. Great hardware, great network and excellent service. What more could you ask for?Jeff - Mint-Clan
RackSRV has provided an excellent service, and I will keep you guys in mind if I need another service in the future.Daniel
Knowledgeable staff who respond quickly to tickets combined with a keen price point make using Racksrv has been a pleasure.Manuel - Regdotter
I have been 2 years with racksrv. One of the best companies that I've ever dealt with. Near 100% Uptime. Thanks Jon.Arkaitz