Who are RackSRV and why should you host with us?
- Having first opened its doors back in 2007, RackSRV has built up an unblemished reputation for service, value and honesty within the hosting community and thus is a brand name you can trust with your hosting needs.
- We own and operate our own network and infrastructure within Kent. We're not merely reselling other companies services for a mark-up and thus by dealing directly with us (the organ grinder!) you will benefit from a superior service.
- Both ourselves and our hand selected partners utilise only the best hardware throughout our networks from industry leading vendors such as Cisco, Dell, HP, Intel, Juniper & Supermicro to ensure absolute reliability and adequate backup support in the event of an issue.
- We lease office and storage space within the data centre building. The close proximity enables us to offer expedited support and delivery times vs remote staff and relying on third party intelligent hands.
- Our small yet highly proficient team are very friendly and are only too happy to take your call/email/live chat - you will never have the hassle of trying to decipher broken/bad English as we do not utilise cheap, outsourced remote workers from overseas.
- Given that our roots stem from unmanaged hosting, we have spared no expense in developing what's probably one of the best management panels for server hosting. Our clients can reliably and easily initiate tasks such as reboots, O/S reinstalls, recovery sessions, DNS management and more!
- We offer fantastic opportunities for those who want to earn revenue by either referring or reselling our hosting services to their peers or customers.
- RackSRV is a LTD, VAT registered business with Ripe LIR & eNom memberships as well as being programme partners of cPanel, DirectAdmin & Microsoft.
How powerful is RackSRV’s network?Whilst we own and maintain our own switching and routing equipment, we decided that taking static IP transit from a reliable and competent upstream backed by a comprehensive SLA was a better approach than dabbling in BGP routing ourselves. As such, we connect to SOTA's carrier class 'mesh network' from within Kent Science Park via two 10Gbit fibre links which terminate on diverse equipment in diverse buildings.
- You can test throughput to our network by grabbing a 10MB/100MB test file from our file server at pxe1.racksrv.com/speed.
- Additionally latency and routing can be tested by pinging our website URL directly (www.racksrv.com) as it is hosted onsite.
What Data Centres are RackSRV present in?
Our primary POP (point of presence) is located within SOTA's 810 data centre facility at Kent Science Park - a thriving technology hub in North Kent.
SOTA's 810 facility aligns itself as a tier-3/tier-4 aliged data centre which benefits from the following specification:
- Redundant Power: The facility provides redundant, high-capacity and reliable power. High specification N+N UPS units backed up by N+N on-site diesel generators seamlessly maintains customer and plant load for the entire building should the mains grid unexpectedly fail.
- Air Conditioning: To ensure optimum performance, all data floors are maintained at a constant 21°C ± 2°C by N+N Denco units and relative humidity is kept at 50% ± 10%. Both are continually monitored by the building management system which also monitors sensors covering electrical, mechanical, fire and leak detection systems
- Fire Detection/Suppression: The facility combines a VESDA system with an FM200 gas based fire retardant that is environmentally friendly. These systems are linked to the building management system enabling fires to be put out instantly without damaging equipment.
- Site Security: The facility is located within a secure 500,000 sq. ft. campus which benefits from a 24x7 manned security presence, 3 meter high alarmed perimeter fence and comprehensive CCTV system. Additionally, the data centre itself has its own dedicated CCTV system and employs a proximity access control system for entry.
We also maintain a secondary tier-2 aligned POP within a private server room located externally from Kent Science Park. This secondary POP benefits from diverse power and network infrastructure for DR purposes.
News @ RackSRV
- 24OctPartial loss of service at KSP (Rack 01)...
We're currently investigating a partial loss of service to our KSP network. It's not yet clear if...16OctLoss of network at KSP - Resolved
We are currently investigating a loss of network at our primary POP in KSP.Engineers are on site ...01MarKSP Network Maintenance 08/03/18 - Compl...
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on a leg of...
- 04JanKSP Network Maintenance 10/02/18 - Compl...
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on a leg of...25JulReminder: Network Maintenance Tonight - ...
Just a quick reminder that as per yesterdays network maintenance notification, we have a window o...10JunNetwork issue affecting KSP POP - Resolv...
We are aware of a network issue affecting our KSP POP.Our upstream is aware of the issue and is c...
- 19MayDR Network Upgrade 24/05/17 - Completed
With the migration and upgrade of our primary POP in Kent Science Park completed, we now shift ou...10MayLoss of network at primary POP (KSP) - R...
We're currently investigating what appears to be a router crash at our primary POP in KSP - pleas...22MarKSP Network Upgrade 29/03/17 - Completed...
With the relocation of our infrastructure expected to conclude on 27/03/17, the final task is to ...
- 08MarKSP F25 Generator Maintenance - Complete...
We have received notification from the facility operator of our F25 POP in Kent Science Park that...01MarLoss of network at KSP POP - Resolved
We are aware of a service impacting issue affecting our transit at KSP.According to our transit s...17FebDR Network Issues - Resolved
We're aware of and are investigating a connectivity issue with our DR facility - we shall post an...
Absolutely brilliant service, what brought me to racksrv in the first place was the speed at which they replied to my emails, and the support has continued to be superb. Jon has always been great, and particular thanks to Liam for helping me sort my most recent issue.Tom - Uniform Convergence
Great service super impressed with your infrastructure. I really loved your server I but I did not get enough traffic to my site to justify keeping it. You guys rock. I will be back when I have more servers needed.Eduardo
We now have twelve months experience of using a RackSRV dedicated server to run our ecommerce business, and are happy to vouch for their great value, performance, service, uptime and support (often above & beyond!!).Phil - use-IP Ltd
Your service has been 5 star and the server itself was fantastic. Your support was extremely good - I would consider it as a WOW factor for your business!Nick - Entire Technology
RackSRV were able to meet all my requirements when seeking a temporary dedicated server to aid with expansion and sales. The quality of customer service is excellent, as is the network and hardware supplied. A first class business, with true quality services - with customer satisfaction and support in mind at all ti...Ryan - GatewayGaming
RackSRV is a wonderful hosting company, The network is very good and i've never had any issues. Whenever i needed support my tickets were always answered quickly and professionally.Iain - Apocalypse Prevention Team
I've been with RackSRV for 2 years now and have been very pleased with their service. Their support is first class, with critical tickets being answered almost immediately. Their manner is always very courteous and they are always happy to offer advice and help if you have problems. I couldn't have picked a ...David - Voyager Web Design UK