How to Install WordPress via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Blogs category. Click on it and then click on the WordPress link that appears.
5. Click on the Install button
6. Fill the necessary field under the Software Setup field:
- Choose the version you want to install: You can leave this as it is.
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e. example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e. example.com
7. Under the Site Settings field, enter the following information:
- Site Name: Enter the name of your website, such as my first website.
Site Description: Your site description.
- Enable Multisite (WPMU): Leave this as it is.
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new WordPress username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address.
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your WordPress blog later.
9. Choose Language: You can choose the language of your WordPress blog. The default language of WordPress is English.
10. Select Plugin(s): You can skip this or select plugins you wish to install.
11. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please, note that creating frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
12. Select Theme: You can select any available theme. If you do not want to do this, leave it as it is, and WordPress will use its default theme.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
I love dealing with RackSRV. They are professional, knowledgeable, helpful and accommodating. This is my first time co-locating and I needed a little guidance and help and RackSRV were more than happy to answer all my questions and offer advice. It is now a couple of months down the line and I am now looking to add a...Stuart
I am really happy with the service overall and would suggest to any business which require co-location services. I would rate 4.5 out of 5 with the services.Balakrishnan - BTR India Pvt Ltd
I got to know Jon through a friend of mine, and when my last host was yet again unhelpful I thought it was time to change. I have had various hosts for my clan in the 8+ years we have been playing, and to be honest I dread the change to a new host. But ever since that time 2 years ago now, I can honestly say that I hav...Patrick
Racksrv's VPS's are awesome, they're powerful servers, with very little load, plus an excellent network and staff.Adam
My community (Aprilon Network) and I have wanted to try out a dedicated server to host gameservers on. This has turned out to be a success, your dedicated server and network is excellent! We've had significant traffic to our Team Fortress 2 servers (along with exclusive events that were a success), that it has ...Karl Juan
never ceases to amaze me how quick they respond to tickets and how knowledgable they are. Definitely my 1st choice!Daimon - DMB SOLUTIONS LTD
Racksrv provides us with high quality servers and support which run mission critical solutions. Support is professional and quick to respond!Yitzi - Teguva Marketing 2009 Ltd