How to Install Joomla via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Portal/CMS category. Click on it and then click on the Joomla link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field under the Software Setup field:
- Choose the version you want to install: You can leave this as it is.
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e. example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e. example.com
7. Under Site Settings field, enter the following information:
- Site Name: Enter the name of your website, such as my first website.
- Site Description: Site Description or Slogan
8. Under the Database Settings field:
- Import Sample Data: Leave this as it is
9. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new Joomla username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Real Name: Leave this as it is or use your full name
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address.
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your Joomla Website.
10. Choose Language: You can choose the language of your Joomla. The default language of Joomla is English.
11. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
I have been using RackSRV for 14 months now and have had no problems with any of the service provided. The network has been very fast and coupled with excellent quality servers the service has been second to none!Anthony - Fortec Trading Ltd
Having hosted my social networking site with several other hosting companies in the past and having experienced varying levels of service and support I must say that the support and service I have received from Jon and Lee at Racksrv is undoubtedly the best by far. My site's requirements are very specific, running on ...Mark - Phenomenon Communications Ltd
We have had excellent service from Jon and his team. Originally a bit sceptical as RackSRV pricing was much lower than most, but they have far exceeded my expected level of service, in terms of hardware, network and assistance. Would highly recommend to anybody.Nick - Market Hosting Ltd
Absolutely brilliant service, what brought me to racksrv in the first place was the speed at which they replied to my emails, and the support has continued to be superb. Jon has always been great, and particular thanks to Liam for helping me sort my most recent issue.Tom - Thplabs
Nothing but praise, especially for the constant updates on service-altering instances, which, while they didn't affect me directly, were useful to know and is something not a lot of other providers do.Nick - HostNottingham
Great service, very helpful and lightning fast replies, always going out of their way to help. Never noticed any downtime and great value for money, Look no more if you want a quality service!Daniel - IoxHost
RackSRV were able to meet all my requirements when seeking a temporary dedicated server to aid with expansion and sales. The quality of customer service is excellent, as is the network and hardware supplied. A first class business, with true quality services - with customer satisfaction and support in mind at all ti...Ryan - GatewayGaming