How to Install Joomla via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Portal/CMS category. Click on it and then click on the Joomla link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field under the Software Setup field:
- Choose the version you want to install: You can leave this as it is.
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e. example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e. example.com
7. Under Site Settings field, enter the following information:
- Site Name: Enter the name of your website, such as my first website.
- Site Description: Site Description or Slogan
8. Under the Database Settings field:
- Import Sample Data: Leave this as it is
9. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new Joomla username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Real Name: Leave this as it is or use your full name
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address.
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your Joomla Website.
10. Choose Language: You can choose the language of your Joomla. The default language of Joomla is English.
11. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
Using RackSRV has been a pleasure due to fast response times when I need help along with super fast services - I can highly recommend.Michael - Create All Media
Great service, absolutely no downtime, recommended to anyone looking for a cheap but reliable server!Sarmad
I've used a few hosting companies prior to racksrv. I've been with them now for many years. The service, help and reliability is amazing I can truly recommend this company. They value you as their customer and treat you like a friend.Martin
Thanks for the last 6 years. If I need hosting in the future I will be sure to check out what you're offering.Daniel - Rose Computer Services
We appreciate your 100% network and server uptime. We'll be back again to host with Racksrv in end of Dec or early next year when our application development is complete, thanks!Jitendra - J.R.D. Company Ltd.
Excellent service, been using a VPS with racksrv for almost a year and have had no problems. I run a small business and am completely reliant on my website to bring new customers so it's important that I am sure my website doesn't have problems. The couple of times I have had small issues they have been res...Alastair
Having made the decision to move network host in July 2008 I was in the process of shopping around. I came across RackSRV and was very impressed with the owners knowledge and commitment to his then small business. I had evaluated other larger competitors but wasnt happy with the lack of information and impersonal way t...Anthony - TMD Assocaites Limited