How to Install phpBB Forum via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Forums category. Click on it and then click on the phpBB link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field, under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e., example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e., example.com
7. Enter the following details under the Board Settings field:
- Board Name: Name of the forum.
- Site Description: Site Description.
- Board E-mail: The e-mail address of the forum.
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new phpBB username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address.
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your phpBB Forum.
9. Enter the following details under the Choose Language field:
- Select Language: The default language of the forum is English.
10. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
Having made the decision to move network host in July 2008 I was in the process of shopping around. I came across RackSRV and was very impressed with the owners knowledge and commitment to his then small business. I had evaluated other larger competitors but wasnt happy with the lack of information and impersonal way t...Anthony - TMD Assocaites Limited
I would highly recommend the services of RackSRV to anyone looking to rent a server overseas. Not only was the customer support and service great and enjoyable but it was also for an affordable price. Keep it up!William
I got to know Jon through a friend of mine, and when my last host was yet again unhelpful I thought it was time to change. I have had various hosts for my clan in the 8+ years we have been playing, and to be honest I dread the change to a new host. But ever since that time 2 years ago now, I can honestly say that I hav...Patrick
Like many I had been buying servers from American companies with poor customer support under the illusion that you just can't get a decent server for a decent price in the UK. Racksrv disproved that myth for me. Their offer of a powerful server based in the UK, generous transfer allowances, and awesome customer supp...James
Great service, very helpful and lightning fast replies, always going out of their way to help. Never noticed any downtime and great value for money, Look no more if you want a quality service!Daniel - IoxHost
Fantastic support, even when issues aren't directly associated with RackSRV. Highly recommended!Dominic - LEDChoice Ltd
The experience with RackSRV has been first class from the outset. Speed of setup, professionalism of the staff has been second to none. I cannot fault RackSRV. If I had a single criticism it would be that the security getting to the datacentre is so tight, it can take a while.Martin