How to Install phpBB Forum via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Forums category. Click on it and then click on the phpBB link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field, under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e., example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e., example.com
7. Enter the following details under the Board Settings field:
- Board Name: Name of the forum.
- Site Description: Site Description.
- Board E-mail: The e-mail address of the forum.
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new phpBB username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address.
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your phpBB Forum.
9. Enter the following details under the Choose Language field:
- Select Language: The default language of the forum is English.
10. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
One of the best companies that I've ever dealt with, and I've been through a few. When getting support, you often speak to the owner himself and any issues are resolved very quickly. Not to mention that the prices simply cannot be beaten, and can be tailored to your specifications and price range. Excellent ...Peter
I've been with RackSRV for 2 years now and have been very pleased with their service. Their support is first class, with critical tickets being answered almost immediately. Their manner is always very courteous and they are always happy to offer advice and help if you have problems. I couldn't have picked a ...David - Voyager Web Design UK
When I was first looking to purchase a Dedicated Server I had looked around at a few providers, but choose RackSRV for their friendliness and helpful support. This was the first time I had purchased a Dedicated Server, so I was very new to how Payments and Setup would work. So I simply asked a few questions, and go...Daniel - zFast Technologies
Just a quick note to say that the support and the server have been second to none, with no downtime which has been a first!! Any problems that I had have been sorted quickly (all user errors on my part though!)Ian
For a few months I used the services of Racksrv I was fully satisfied that: - Good cost / quality servers - Quick commissioning - Good online support, quick reactivity If I can think it Racksrv can build it ... ;-) Thanks for your excellent service, keep it up!Jean-Marc - Eden Voice
Been here a long time now with a dedicated server. Very good and will be here for the long run. Good service at a great price. Cheers guys!Stephen - Fuzzlepop Ltd
Here at BINGOBONGO we run game servers, Teamspeak & Web Hosting and Counter Strike from our RackSRV Dedicated Server. We've been with all the major game server providers (INX, KillerCreation, Rackage, i3d, Multiplay, RTL ...), weve had 9 providers in a year! We came to RackSRV and met Jon Roberts over 2 ...Joe