How to Install SMF Simplemachine Forum via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Forums category. Click on it and then click on the SMF link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e., example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e., example.com
7. Enter the following details under the Board Settings field:
- Board Name: Name of the forum.
- Visual verification image to display: Useful for spam prevention.
- Board E-mail: The e-mail address of the forum.
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new phpBB username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Real Name: Leave this as it is or enter your real name.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address. (Useful for administrator account password reset, notification, etc.)
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your SimpleMachine(SMF) Forum.
9. Enter the following details under the Choose Language field:
- Select Language: The default language of the forum is English.
10. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
Racksrv provided exactly what I needed, at an extremely reasonable price. Their service was always fast and helpful, and I can safely say that if I ever need hosting again in the future, Racksrv will be my first stop.Scott
Having had a few bad experiences with other hosting companies RackSRV are like a breath of fresh air. Their support is second to none and have even helped in areas that maybe they don't have to. What i love the most about RackSRV is their straight talking and honesty. Long may it continue!Stuart
A big thanks to Jon, he has provided us an excellent support service over the last few months. If your looking for a host which offers high speeds then this is the perfect place for you!Bryan
I thank you for your most professional service, should I require hosting in the future I will return as I have been very happy with the service!Robert - Kingshott School Trust Limited
Highly recommend RackSRV, We have been a customer for over 6 years with no issues. They has been extremely accommodating to all our needs, Our project has come to an end so we've had to cancel service, and even then they have helped massively in the termination of service and handover of data. Will remember th...Stuart - About IT Ltd
Your service has been great during the time I have been with you, therefore I wish your company all the best and success for the future.Chee - Code Infinity
We have been with RackSVR for over 10 years and all this time have had a near perfect uptime and great responsiveness from the team. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a reliable host and just nice people to work withNick - Farlex International Limited