How to Install MyBB Forum via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Forums category. Click on it and then click on the MyBB link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field, under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e., example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e., example.com
7. Enter the following details under the Board Settings field:
- Site Name: Enter the name of your website, such as My Website.
- Board Name: Name of the forum.
- Board E-mail: The e-mail address of the forum.
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information
- Admin Username: Your new MyBB username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address. (Useful for administrator account password reset, notification, etc.)
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your MyBB Forum.
9. Enter the following details under the Choose Language field:
- Select Language: The default language of the forum is English.
10. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
RackSRV is an excellent company with superior customer service. They have always gone to the next level for us. We have an extended service history with them and recommend them highly. Mark Brown CTO Triple8 NetworkMark - Triple8 Network
Service was always excellent and hopefully it will remain so on the other service will still have with you.Sharon - MDS Transmodal Ltd.
Racksrv's VPS's are awesome, they're powerful servers, with very little load, plus an excellent network and staff.Adam
We spent just over six months with RackSRV and cannot knock the service. Jon was always able to answer our questions, queries or problems we had and resolved issues very quickly! With years in the online server industry I'd defiantly recommend RackSRV to customers looking for a competitive price & reliable service....James - Zare.co.uk
I trialled the service for a future project and I'm very satisfied. I will be back in the near future for sure!Pierluigi - Computer's Home
I found the box/uptime/network to be generally excellent. In addition your support and response time are both strong. Again, thanks for the generally excellent service and I hope your business continues to prosper.Dane
We have been a customer with RackSRV for many years. They are very responsive to queries and are always willing to help us. Even when it involves after hours service! Solids servers and solid support.Adrian