How to Install Advanced Electron Forum(AEF) via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Forums category. Click on it and then click on the AEF link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field, under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e., example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e., example.com
7. Enter the following details under the Board Settings field:
- Board Name: Name of the forum.
- Board E-mail: The email address of the forum.
- Use UTF-8 Character Set: Chose this If you are going to work with multiple languages.
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new AEF username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address. (Useful for administrator account password reset, notification, etc.)
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your AEF Forum.
9. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
Very pleased with your service, will use again in future if I need to rent another server again. cheers and good luck!Julian - Scientific Supplies Ltd
RackSRV hosts all of the game servers for our forthcoming title Heroes of Newerth in the UK, we are currently at 25+ boxes hosted here and the service and support is outstanding. I'm not sure these people ever sleep as the watching of the boxes never ends. Keep up the good work!Shawn - S2 Games
We've been customers of RackSRV for many years and they have never let us down. First class service and support.Barry - Im Going In
I have been a long standing RackSRV co-location customer for a number of years now, and I can honestly say it is superb provider. If I ever need any assistance of any kind, Jon and the team are always glad to help with advice and kit when necessary. The KSP site is very well-connected with its diverse routed link...Pasquale - INTEGRATE MEDIA LTD
Been with RackSrv 4 months so far and have only good reviews. Extremely fast tickets responses, regardless of the time of day, even for pre-sales tickets. Only one downtime but was planned with several weeks notice and only 15min. Accommodating and good prices.William - Reactre Ltd
Thank you for your service over the years, it has been very much appreciated and I will recommend your services in the future.David
Service is awesome, lovely bandwidth, nice tidy racks! Support is top notch; Jon is extremely efficient in fixing problems rapidly.Rohan - DediShack