How to Install Advanced Electron Forum(AEF) via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Forums category. Click on it and then click on the AEF link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field, under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e., example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e., example.com
7. Enter the following details under the Board Settings field:
- Board Name: Name of the forum.
- Board E-mail: The email address of the forum.
- Use UTF-8 Character Set: Chose this If you are going to work with multiple languages.
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new AEF username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address. (Useful for administrator account password reset, notification, etc.)
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your AEF Forum.
9. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
I have been using racksrv servers for gaming and the network is amazing, I have had no problems no downtime and the support has been second to none!Jamie
Crosstek IT have been using RackSrv for over a year now with a faultless service. We will continue to use their services and would happily recommend them. Long may it continue!!Jon - Crosstek IT Ltd
Fantastic support, even when issues aren't directly associated with RackSRV. Highly recommended!Dominic - LEDChoice Ltd
I got to know Jon through a friend of mine, and when my last host was yet again unhelpful I thought it was time to change. I have had various hosts for my clan in the 8+ years we have been playing, and to be honest I dread the change to a new host. But ever since that time 2 years ago now, I can honestly say that I hav...Patrick
Jon@RackSRV has been great to us, we have a couple of off-net servers with them for backup/DR purposes and have had zero problems. Everything was set up quickly, despite us choosing the wrong options when ordering the server and the prices Jon gave us are fantastic, no-one else could even come near them. I've never...Freethought - Freethought Internet Limited
I have only been with RackSRV for 8 months but they have provided a great service for me, the best I have experienced and I hope to stay with RackSRV for as long as possible!Mark - FoxesTalk
I have been totally satisfied with the service by RackSrv. The only reason I had to cancel my account was because I didn't need a dedicated server anymore. Thumbs up for the great support and their reliable servers!Stephan