How to Install Vanilla Forum via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Forums category. Click on it and then click on the Vanilla link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field, under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e., example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e., example.com.
7. Enter the following details under the Site Settings field:
- Site Name: Name of your Forum like Your Domain Name - Gaming Forum
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new Vanilla username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address. (Useful for administrator account password reset, notification, etc.)
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your Vanilla Forum.
9. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
Being a customer at RackSRV has always been easy, they are helpful and I have no complaints. Only in the beginning of my time as a customer was there some rare downtime, but RackSRV has just got better and better with time. The staff seem pro at what they do, last year there has not had any downtime that I've noti...Tore
Very pleased with your service, will use again in future if I need to rent another server again. cheers and good luck!Julian - Scientific Supplies Ltd
Well so far and 3 months in I only have praise for the team at RackSRV. After being let down over the years with empty promises, poor service, failing hardware, I moved to RackSRV to host all our business sites and personal busy forums. To date 3 months on, reliability has been 100%, performance better than I expect...Paul - Navigate IT
We appreciate your 100% network and server uptime. We'll be back again to host with Racksrv in end of Dec or early next year when our application development is complete, thanks!Jitendra - J.R.D. Company Ltd.
RackSRV are a fantastic company to deal with. They tailor a server for you in no time at all, and had mine set up within 24 hours. After around a year with them I have had nothing but perfect customer service and brilliant prices. Cannot fault them at all. Thanks RackSRV!Duncan - Cypher Gaming
Like many I had been buying servers from American companies with poor customer support under the illusion that you just can't get a decent server for a decent price in the UK. Racksrv disproved that myth for me. Their offer of a powerful server based in the UK, generous transfer allowances, and awesome customer supp...James
Racksrv provides us with high quality servers and support which run mission critical solutions. Support is professional and quick to respond!Yitzi - Teguva Marketing 2009 Ltd