How to Install Vanilla Forum via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Forums category. Click on it and then click on the Vanilla link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field, under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e., example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e., example.com.
7. Enter the following details under the Site Settings field:
- Site Name: Name of your Forum like Your Domain Name - Gaming Forum
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new Vanilla username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address. (Useful for administrator account password reset, notification, etc.)
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your Vanilla Forum.
9. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
Racksrv's VPS's are awesome, they're powerful servers, with very little load, plus an excellent network and staff.Adam
I have been with racksrv for 3 years and have no intention of looking eleswhere. They offer a really good service at a good price.Ben - Ben Angwin t/a Hoax Music
I have been a customer of RackSRV with three co-located servers for over 5 years now and cannot fault the reliability of the service or the commitment of Jon and his team when I have needed assistance. I would happily recommend RackSRV to anyone :)Ed
RackSRV have provided very reliable service and competent support in the many years I have hosted with them. I will look to use them for future work in the future. Greatly recommended!Gary
Thanks for your help and support after I got the server, it was working brilliant - well worth the money! Unfortunately we need to downgrade as we no longer need a server of this scale, we may well come back at a later time for a smaller server.Kyle - notorious
I've been using RackSRV for around two years now for dedicated servers and the service has always been top notch. The network is fast and reliable; any maintenance has always been announced well before it is carried out and network problems (if any) are always announced and you get a full report of all actions and...Gary - n/a
Racksrv provides us with high quality servers and support which run mission critical solutions. Support is professional and quick to respond!Yitzi - Teguva Marketing 2009 Ltd