How to Install Serendipity via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Blogs category. Click on it and then click on the Serendipity link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e. example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e. example.com
7. Under the Site Settings field, enter the following information:
- Site Name: Enter the name of your website, such as my first website.
- Site Description: Site Description
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new Serendipity username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Real Name: Leave this as it is or enter your real name.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address.
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your Serendipity blog.
Choose Language: You can choose the language of your Serendipity blog. The default language of Serendipity is English.
9. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
Having been a user of remote servers from multiple hosts over many years (far more than I like to remember) I have left them all due to terrible customer after service once they had my custom. After leaving a major provider a few years ago I was pointed in the direction of racksrv. Racksrv are a different breed of ...Graham
The support service (especially out-of-hours) that you personally, and your team have provided has been of a very high standard, so I'm a little sorry to be leaving. Will definitely consider your services again in the future.Alex - Translation Business Systems International (UK) Limited
I am really happy with the service overall and would suggest to any business which require co-location services. I would rate 4.5 out of 5 with the services.Balakrishnan - BTR India Pvt Ltd
RackSRV have provided very reliable service and competent support in the many years I have hosted with them. I will look to use them for future work in the future. Greatly recommended!Gary
Just a quick note to say that the support and the server have been second to none, with no downtime which has been a first!! Any problems that I had have been sorted quickly (all user errors on my part though!)Ian
We have been a customer with RackSRV for many years. They are very responsive to queries and are always willing to help us. Even when it involves after hours service! Solids servers and solid support.Adrian
One of the best companies that I've ever dealt with, and I've been through a few. When getting support, you often speak to the owner himself and any issues are resolved very quickly. Not to mention that the prices simply cannot be beaten, and can be tailored to your specifications and price range. Excellent ...Peter