How to Install LifeType via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Blogs category. Click on it and then click on the LifeType link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field, under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e. example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e. example.com
7. Under the Site Settings field, enter the following information:
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new LifeType username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Real Name: Leave this as it is or enter your real name.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address.
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your LifeType blog.
Choose Language: You can choose the language of your LifeType blog. The default language of LifeType is English.
9. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
Thanks for your help and support after I got the server, it was working brilliant - well worth the money! Unfortunately we need to downgrade as we no longer need a server of this scale, we may well come back at a later time for a smaller server.Kyle - notorious
I got to know Jon through a friend of mine, and when my last host was yet again unhelpful I thought it was time to change. I have had various hosts for my clan in the 8+ years we have been playing, and to be honest I dread the change to a new host. But ever since that time 2 years ago now, I can honestly say that I hav...Patrick
One of the best companies that I've ever dealt with, and I've been through a few. When getting support, you often speak to the owner himself and any issues are resolved very quickly. Not to mention that the prices simply cannot be beaten, and can be tailored to your specifications and price range. Excellent ...Peter
Great service super impressed with your infrastructure. I really loved your server I but I did not get enough traffic to my site to justify keeping it. You guys rock. I will be back when I have more servers needed.Eduardo
I found the box/uptime/network to be generally excellent. In addition your support and response time are both strong. Again, thanks for the generally excellent service and I hope your business continues to prosper.Dane
I moved my hosting to RackSRV 10 years ago after a friend recommended them. In that time my support tickets have always been answered instantly, any issues I've had with my website have been sorted quickly and I don't remember any downtime. Excellent service, I can't recommend this company and team en...James - Talk Chelsea
Racksrv are definitely geared towards the professional user. Setup is fast and efficient. I got exactly the server that I wanted, with the distro of my choice ready to go. The real test of a provider though is how they deal with problems, and after I crashed my server recently (I misconfigured the NIC - oops!) they ...Ian - Richardson Digital