How to Install Pixie via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Blogs category. Click on it and then click on the Pixie link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field, under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e. example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e. example.com
7. Under the Site Settings field, enter the following information:
Site Name: Enter the name of your website, such as my first website.
Site Description: Site Description
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
Admin Username: Your new Pixie username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
Admin Password: Use a strong password.
Real Name: Leave this as it is or enter your real name.
Admin Email: Your e-mail address.
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your Pixie blog.
9. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
Professional, highly knowledgeable and incredibly helpful. By far the best hosting/colocation company i have ever used. Cannot speak anymore highly of the guys at Racksrv.Lloyd
I have been totally satisfied with the service by RackSrv. The only reason I had to cancel my account was because I didn't need a dedicated server anymore. Thumbs up for the great support and their reliable servers!Stephan
We've been customers of RackSRV for many years and they have never let us down. First class service and support.Barry - Im Going In
I have been with RackSRV since 2010, I came with a very specific requirement, i was never turned away rather the opposite i was looked after and helped getting everything up and running, 4yrs later its now time for a brand new server. The whole team made sure that everything was 100% perfect for my budget and requireme...Clifford - CMWebHosting
Thanks for being such a great, no-hassle and HUMAN hosting company. If you are thinking of hosting, stop, just sign up with them now! I guarantee you won't regret it.Jon - IWIN Digital Ltd
RackSRV is an excellent company with superior customer service. They have always gone to the next level for us. We have an extended service history with them and recommend them highly. Mark Brown CTO Triple8 NetworkMark - Triple8 Network
Service has been great - no complaints at all. Thanks for the service and flexibility over the years.John - Clark Craft Products