How to Install Pixie via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Blogs category. Click on it and then click on the Pixie link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field, under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e. example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e. example.com
7. Under the Site Settings field, enter the following information:
Site Name: Enter the name of your website, such as my first website.
Site Description: Site Description
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
Admin Username: Your new Pixie username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
Admin Password: Use a strong password.
Real Name: Leave this as it is or enter your real name.
Admin Email: Your e-mail address.
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your Pixie blog.
9. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
Support response times are awesome and solutions are perfect. Many thanks to support team, Great work!Jorma - Luneco
RackSRV is a wonderful hosting company, The network is very good and i've never had any issues. Whenever i needed support my tickets were always answered quickly and professionally.Iain - Apocalypse Prevention Team
We have been with RackSVR for over 10 years and all this time have had a near perfect uptime and great responsiveness from the team. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a reliable host and just nice people to work withNick - Farlex Inc
After being recommended by a friend, I found RackSRV to be 'the' ultimate experience any and all server solution companies should strive for. Excellent, prompt, featureful - RackSRV have everything you need. Most things don't even require you to contact a member of staff, you can do most of it yourself....Luke
Racksrv provided exactly what I needed, at an extremely reasonable price. Their service was always fast and helpful, and I can safely say that if I ever need hosting again in the future, Racksrv will be my first stop.Scott
Been with RackSRV nearly a month now and the support i get is amazing! I even upgraded because i felt like i came to the right place for a VPS. Jon Roberts is one of the best support techs i have come across! Im sure to spend many months here or years here!Leigh
Like many I had been buying servers from American companies with poor customer support under the illusion that you just can't get a decent server for a decent price in the UK. Racksrv disproved that myth for me. Their offer of a powerful server based in the UK, generous transfer allowances, and awesome customer supp...James