How to Install PunBB Forum via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Forums category. Click on it and then click on the PunBB link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field, under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e., example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e., example.com.
7. Enter the following details under the Site Settings field:
- Site Name: Name of your Forum like Your Domain Name - Gaming Forum.
- Site Description: Site Description.
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new PunBB username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address. (Useful for administrator account password reset, notification, etc.)
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your PunBB Forum.
9. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
Having hosted my social networking site with several other hosting companies in the past and having experienced varying levels of service and support I must say that the support and service I have received from Jon and Lee at Racksrv is undoubtedly the best by far. My site's requirements are very specific, running on ...Mark - Phenomenon Communications Ltd
Racksrv's VPS's are awesome, they're powerful servers, with very little load, plus an excellent network and staff.Adam
Been with RackSrv 4 months so far and have only good reviews. Extremely fast tickets responses, regardless of the time of day, even for pre-sales tickets. Only one downtime but was planned with several weeks notice and only 15min. Accommodating and good prices.William - Reactre Ltd
My client has used RackSRV since 2013 and they have been fantastic. We migrated to RackSRV from another leading UK hosted solutions company that seemed obsessed with upselling unsuitable solutions at ridiculous prices - RackSRV have in contrast found suitable solutions at reasonable prices. It is so rare to talk to ...Pete
Great service provided by Racksrv, Great Support, Been with racksrv for near to a year, and since day one havent had a problem Jon has always been there to help Would recommend the company to anyoneManuel - Regdotter
Thanks for being such a great, no-hassle and HUMAN hosting company. If you are thinking of hosting, stop, just sign up with them now! I guarantee you won't regret it.Jon - IWIN Digital Ltd
I have been a colocation customer with RackSRV for close to three years now, and have witnessed the company grow. Regardless, the support and staff are still as friendly and helpful as day one, I cant fault their service and I look forward to further expansion with a company I have the utmost respect for.Lee - RTL-Servers