How to Install PunBB Forum via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Forums category. Click on it and then click on the PunBB link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field, under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e., example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e., example.com.
7. Enter the following details under the Site Settings field:
- Site Name: Name of your Forum like Your Domain Name - Gaming Forum.
- Site Description: Site Description.
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new PunBB username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address. (Useful for administrator account password reset, notification, etc.)
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your PunBB Forum.
9. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
We have had 2 core2duo dedicated servers from RackSRV for a couple of months. Very pleased with them, and particularly pleased that any problems/queries we have had have been dealt with quickly and with excellent communication.Stuart - pub clan
Racksrv's VPS's are awesome, they're powerful servers, with very little load, plus an excellent network and staff.Adam
I moved my hosting to RackSRV 10 years ago after a friend recommended them. In that time my support tickets have always been answered instantly, any issues I've had with my website have been sorted quickly and I don't remember any downtime. Excellent service, I can't recommend this company and team en...James - Talk Chelsea
Nothing but praise, especially for the constant updates on service-altering instances, which, while they didn't affect me directly, were useful to know and is something not a lot of other providers do.Nick - HostNottingham
Been with RackSrv 4 months so far and have only good reviews. Extremely fast tickets responses, regardless of the time of day, even for pre-sales tickets. Only one downtime but was planned with several weeks notice and only 15min. Accommodating and good prices.William - Reactre Ltd
For a few months I used the services of Racksrv I was fully satisfied that: - Good cost / quality servers - Quick commissioning - Good online support, quick reactivity If I can think it Racksrv can build it ... ;-) Thanks for your excellent service, keep it up!Jean-Marc - Eden Voice
Been here a long time now with a dedicated server. Very good and will be here for the long run. Good service at a great price. Cheers guys!Stephen - Fuzzlepop Ltd