How to Install XMB Forum via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software and Services section, click on Softaculous Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Forums category. Click on it and then click on the XMB link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e., example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e., example.com.
7. Enter the following details under the Site Settings field:
- Site Name: Name of your Forum like Your Domain Name - My Forum Name.
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new XMB username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address. (Useful for administrator account password reset, notification, etc.)
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your XMB Forum.
9. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
Absolutely brilliant service, what brought me to racksrv in the first place was the speed at which they replied to my emails, and the support has continued to be superb. Jon has always been great, and particular thanks to Liam for helping me sort my most recent issue.Tom - Thplabs
We've been a customer of RackSRV periodically over the last few years with various services ranging from dedicated servers to Virtual Private Servers. Every single time, both the service and customer service have been exceptional in every single way. Customer support is always available, very prompt and extreme...Ryan - SWBROADBAND Ltd
Having been a user of remote servers from multiple hosts over many years (far more than I like to remember) I have left them all due to terrible customer after service once they had my custom. After leaving a major provider a few years ago I was pointed in the direction of racksrv. Racksrv are a different breed of ...Graham
I have been with RackSRV for two years now, I moved to them to host our company website, I was looking for a reliable fast and value for money UK hosting provider and with RackSRV I certainly found what I was looking for. You will get a first class service from the RackSRV team. They are always quick to respond to ema...Humberto - Media Rooms
Racksrv are great, had a dedicated server with them since 2010. Really great service from Jon and the team, virtually no issues and when issues have occurred outside racksrv's control customers are kept really up to date with a level of openness I have not seen in any other host - keep up the good work.Alex - Pulse Tech Uk Ltd
Great service, very helpful and lightning fast replies, always going out of their way to help. Never noticed any downtime and great value for money, Look no more if you want a quality service!Daniel - IoxHost
I have rented with RackSRV for quite some time now and I have had nothing but a good experience with them. Over the years I have used many hosts, but RackSRV are the very bestChrister Emil