How to Install bbPress Forum via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Forums category. Click on it and then click on the bbPress link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field, under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e., example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e., example.com.
7. Enter the following details under the Site Settings field:
- Site Name: Name of the forum.
- Site Description: Site Description.
- Enable Multisite (WPMU): Leave this as it is.
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new bbPress username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address. (Useful for administrator account password reset, notification, etc.)
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your bbPress Forum.
9. Select Plugin(s): You can skip this or select plugins you wish to install.
10. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
I recently moved one of my servers to RackSRV and I have to say the service I am receiving is without a doubt the best I have ever received. Very quick and extremely thorough. I will be moving the rest here soon for sure now.Peter - BlueBox Ltd
Since our clan first got a server with RackSRV we've had nothing but good experiences. The reliability and cost of services were top notch and support are a great help on the very rare occasions they're needed (and that's mostly due to us).Martin
Service has been great - no complaints at all. Thanks for the service and flexibility over the years.John - Clark Craft Products
Having made the decision to move network host in July 2008 I was in the process of shopping around. I came across RackSRV and was very impressed with the owners knowledge and commitment to his then small business. I had evaluated other larger competitors but wasnt happy with the lack of information and impersonal way t...Anthony - TMD Assocaites Limited
After being recommended by a friend, I found RackSRV to be 'the' ultimate experience any and all server solution companies should strive for. Excellent, prompt, featureful - RackSRV have everything you need. Most things don't even require you to contact a member of staff, you can do most of it yourself....Luke
I have been using RackSRV for 14 months now and have had no problems with any of the service provided. The network has been very fast and coupled with excellent quality servers the service has been second to none!Anthony - Fortec Trading Ltd
Thanks for the last 6 years. If I need hosting in the future I will be sure to check out what you're offering.Daniel - Rose Computer Services