How to Install miniBB Forum via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Forums category. Click on it and then click on the miniBB link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field, under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e., example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e., example.com.
7. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new miniBB username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address. (Useful for administrator account password reset, notification, etc.)
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your miniBB Forum.
8. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
Very happy with service, just no longer a requirement for the server. will definitely be looking again should our needs change.Jason - TFLI Ltd
I've had excellent service for last 2 years! Jon and his team have been excellent in their communication and at dealing with any problems.Abishek
I'm extremely satisfied with RackSrv. Network and uptime are excellent and the support is second to none. Choosing to work with RackSrv has been one of the best, most profitable business decisions my company has made. In short, we would like to applaud you for being one of the few companies we truly enjoy working with....Apostolos
Over the past 2 weeks we have been hit by every conceivable problem a hosted service might have - catastrophic hardware failure, DDoS attack and overwhelmingly high organic load - all at once. We have had to lean heavily on the guys at RackSRV to get us through. On every occasion, they responded calmly, professionally...Ian - Chalkface Project Ltd
Having been a customer of RackSRV a few years ago, when I needed a VPS for a new project I knew exactly where to go. Great presales help and quick set up, the whole process has been hassle free.Craig
RackSRV provided me everything I needed, apart from Windows VPS's, I am not a fan of linux and I needed a windows VPS for game servers. If you're a linux fan or don't need windows then RackSRV will exceed your expectations!Alex
RackSRV have provided very reliable service and competent support in the many years I have hosted with them. I will look to use them for future work in the future. Greatly recommended!Gary