Remove Windows system reserved parition
Method to remove 100.00 MB System Reserved partition during Windows installation
- On the “Where do you want to install Windows?” partition screen of Windows 2008 Setup, click on Drive options (advanced) to delete existing partitions and create a new partition.
- Click OK when Install Windows wizard prompts with the following message:
To ensure that all Windows features work correctly, Windows might create additional partitions for system files.
- Two partitions should be created, a System Reserved System type partition (Disk 0 Partition 1) with 100.00 MB in size, and originally intended primary type partition (Disk 0 Partition 2) with allocated size now less 100MB.
- Delete the Primary Partitioncreated.
- Click OKwhen prompted that “The partition might contain recovery files, system files, or important software from your computer manufacturer. If you delete this partition, any data stored on it will be lost.”
- All disk space inside the partition deleted will now become unallocated space. Now, highlight System Reserved Partition, and click Extend. Assign the available disk space to the partition, and click Apply.
- Click OKwhen promoted with “Extending a partition is not a reversible action. If you proceed, you will not be able to undo this action later.
- Highlight on the extended System Reserved Partition, and click Format.
- Click OK when prompted with “The partition might contain recovery files, system files, or important software from your computer manufacturer. If you format this partition, any data stored on it will be lost.”
- After finished formatting, the originally System Reserved Partition will now become normal system partition, ready to install Windows 2008. Proceed to install Windows 2008 as usual.
Note: If you plan to create more than one partitions, all partitions should be created first before deleting one that intended to be used as Windows 2008 partition.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
What can I say...? Almost 2 years with RackSRV and no problems at all. Support is very fast and server uptime was 100% - perfect! Thanks to Jon and all the RACKSRV staff!Guillaume - >Xtra-Gamers<
Neither Call of Duty 6 (Modern Warfare 2) nor Battlefield: Bad Company 2 support fully dedicated servers, so we no longer have any use for a dedicated box. I'd like to say though, your service has been truly excellent and I deeply regret that we cannot continue renting from you.Oliver
I have been 2 years with racksrv. One of the best companies that I've ever dealt with. Near 100% Uptime. Thanks Jon.Arkaitz
I've been with Racksrv now since 2007 and very happy with the service provided. Jon and the Racksrv team always seem to go beyond the call of duty to support and accommodate your needs. If someone is looking for a decent hosting solution backed by a high quality team I would instantly recommend Racksrv.James
I've been with RackSRV now for quite some months, and their service has been outstanding. Their customer support is fantastic, and since I've been somewhat of a 'needy' client in terms of upgrades / downgrades, they have maintained their professionalism and excellent service throughout. I am more tha...Carl - LoxTech Gaming
Using RackSRV has been a pleasure due to fast response times when I need help along with super fast services - I can highly recommend.Michael - Create All Media
I've had excellent service for last 2 years! Jon and his team have been excellent in their communication and at dealing with any problems.Abishek