Remove Windows system reserved parition
Method to remove 100.00 MB System Reserved partition during Windows installation
- On the “Where do you want to install Windows?” partition screen of Windows 2008 Setup, click on Drive options (advanced) to delete existing partitions and create a new partition.
- Click OK when Install Windows wizard prompts with the following message:
To ensure that all Windows features work correctly, Windows might create additional partitions for system files.
- Two partitions should be created, a System Reserved System type partition (Disk 0 Partition 1) with 100.00 MB in size, and originally intended primary type partition (Disk 0 Partition 2) with allocated size now less 100MB.
- Delete the Primary Partitioncreated.
- Click OKwhen prompted that “The partition might contain recovery files, system files, or important software from your computer manufacturer. If you delete this partition, any data stored on it will be lost.”
- All disk space inside the partition deleted will now become unallocated space. Now, highlight System Reserved Partition, and click Extend. Assign the available disk space to the partition, and click Apply.
- Click OKwhen promoted with “Extending a partition is not a reversible action. If you proceed, you will not be able to undo this action later.
- Highlight on the extended System Reserved Partition, and click Format.
- Click OK when prompted with “The partition might contain recovery files, system files, or important software from your computer manufacturer. If you format this partition, any data stored on it will be lost.”
- After finished formatting, the originally System Reserved Partition will now become normal system partition, ready to install Windows 2008. Proceed to install Windows 2008 as usual.
Note: If you plan to create more than one partitions, all partitions should be created first before deleting one that intended to be used as Windows 2008 partition.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
RackSRV provided me everything I needed, apart from Windows VPS's, I am not a fan of linux and I needed a windows VPS for game servers. If you're a linux fan or don't need windows then RackSRV will exceed your expectations!Alex
We at use-IP Ltd have been a RackSRV customer for approximately 10 years, with a fully-managed dedicated server. We run an ecommerce business; essentially, our webshop IS our business. Therefore, good hosting and great support is vital. For a short period we were tempted away from RackSRV to another host by a de...Phil - Use-ip Ltd
We have been with RackSVR for over 10 years and all this time have had a near perfect uptime and great responsiveness from the team. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a reliable host and just nice people to work withNick - Farlex Inc
Fast customer support and fast speeds from racksrv. Don't look anywhere else if you need a server based in the UK at an affordable price!Karl Heinz
I'm extremely satisfied with RackSrv. Network and uptime are excellent and the support is second to none. Choosing to work with RackSrv has been one of the best, most profitable business decisions my company has made. In short, we would like to applaud you for being one of the few companies we truly enjoy working with....Apostolos
We used a dedicated server from RackSRV for around 4 months. Throughout this period network and power availability was superb, and the little problems we did experience were dealt with in a timely and professional manor. Overall we're happy with the received service and would recommend!Olorin - Ello Group
RackSRV is truly a quality co-location provider. Nothing is too much trouble for Jon, and the main co-location site is well-connected with multi-gigabit diverse routed links to the London PoPs. But, most importantly, the level of communication when issues arise is the best I have ever experienced in this industry. C...Mike - PPMI Consultants