How to Install Geeklog via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Portal/CMS category. Click on it and then click on the Geeklog link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field, under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e., example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e., example.com
- Data Directory: Leave this as it is.
7. Under Site Settings field:
- Site Name: Enter the name of your website, such as Geeklog.
- Site Description: Site Description.
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new Geeklog username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address.
- No-Reply Email: Your no-reply email address.
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your Geeklog Website.
9. Under the Choose Language field, enter the following information:
- Select Admin Language: You can choose the admin language of your Geeklog. The default admin language of Geeklog is English.
10. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
I came to RackSRV needing a team to get a server up and running, monitor it, upgrade and update it when needed and to take care off all the 'techy' stuff that I'm incapable of! When I moved to RackSRV I'd have a number of previous server hosts for my websites, all of which left me frustrated. ...Neil - Aggressive Limited
When we were looking for a colocation supplier another company recommended RackSRV to us. We found the team very friendly and knowledgeable and promptly signed up - since then we have now moved more of our servers over to them. We have found them to be very flexible with any unusual requests we make and emails are al...Alex - Our IT Department Limited
Fantastic support, even when issues aren't directly associated with RackSRV. Highly recommended!Dominic - LEDChoice Ltd
We contacted RackSRV and requested a dedicated server for one of our clients projects. From the word Go they went above and beyond what I would consider the norm. I ran into a few problems along the way but it was nice knowing Jon and Lee were right behind me whenever I needed them. Server was fast, network was fast an...Rob - Peartree Digital Media Solutions
We appreciate your 100% network and server uptime. We'll be back again to host with Racksrv in end of Dec or early next year when our application development is complete, thanks!Jitendra - J.R.D. Company Ltd.
Using RackSRV has been a pleasure due to fast response times when I need help along with super fast services - I can highly recommend.Michael - Create All Media
Your support and service has been excellent and should I be looking to host again, you’ll be at the top of my list.Neville - watchuktv.co.uk