How to Install Geeklog via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Portal/CMS category. Click on it and then click on the Geeklog link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field, under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e., example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e., example.com
- Data Directory: Leave this as it is.
7. Under Site Settings field:
- Site Name: Enter the name of your website, such as Geeklog.
- Site Description: Site Description.
8. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new Geeklog username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address.
- No-Reply Email: Your no-reply email address.
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your Geeklog Website.
9. Under the Choose Language field, enter the following information:
- Select Admin Language: You can choose the admin language of your Geeklog. The default admin language of Geeklog is English.
10. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
An excellent all-round service provider. Good communication, fast response and great value for money hosting. Highly recommended.Michael
RackSRV has been our UK server provider for as long as we can remember. They have always provided us with a stable server and professional support, even if we caused a problem on the server ourselves. RackSRV is all we look for in a trusted server provider. Thanks guys!Gerben - Hyperized Hosting
The service I have received from RackSRV has been an excellent experience, their low latency high speed network has been flawless. I approached Jon with the need for a Dedicated Server, at the time he had an excellent offer available which I took advantage of in an instant, excellent specification hardware with grea...Craig - VeloxServ Communications Ltd
I have been a customer of RackSRV for over 2 years and enjoy the great customer service, the value of the service and the quality of the network. Whenever I needed help Jon and his team have always been there to provide the support! I will highly recommend RackSRV for colocation and other services.Alexis - Akakios Communications
Service was always excellent and hopefully it will remain so on the other service will still have with you.Sharon - MDS Transmodal Ltd.
I have a managed server with Racksrv and I have to say their customer service and response times are exceptional. They are extremely helpful with any issues I have had and usually get back to me within 5 minutes. I can't recommend them highly enough!Erica - World Goods Distribution Ltd
I am really happy with the service overall and would suggest to any business which require co-location services. I would rate 4.5 out of 5 with the services.Balakrishnan - BTR India Pvt Ltd