How to Install Silex via Softaculous in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the Softaculous App Installer Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the Portal/CMS category. Click on it and then click on the Silex link that will appear.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Fill the necessary field, under the Software Setup field:
- Choose Installation URL: Choose the appropriate protocol/domain. Inside the "In Directory" field, should you want to install this in a directory, i.e., example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave it blank to install in your main domain, i.e., example.com
7. Under the Admin Account field, enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new Silex username (for security reason do not use the Administrator or the Admin username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your Silex Website.
8. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking frequent backups may take a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install button.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
A1 Service with a smile! We rent 1U of space in the data center for a backup server, support tickets are always responded to and actioned quickly.Roland - RJG Consultancy Services Ltd
RackSRV have provided very reliable service and competent support in the many years I have hosted with them. I will look to use them for future work in the future. Greatly recommended!Gary
Having been a customer of RackSRV a few years ago, when I needed a VPS for a new project I knew exactly where to go. Great presales help and quick set up, the whole process has been hassle free.Craig
I have been with racksrv for 3 years and have no intention of looking eleswhere. They offer a really good service at a good price.Ben - Ben Angwin t/a Hoax Music
Great service provided by RackSRV, I have been with them for about 2 years now, but I have no worries whatsoever as I know my Server is in safe hands with Jon - he's been most helpful this last week. Great job RackSRV!Robert - Aura-Clan
Thanks for the last 6 years. If I need hosting in the future I will be sure to check out what you're offering.Daniel - Rose Computer Services
Racksrv are definitely geared towards the professional user. Setup is fast and efficient. I got exactly the server that I wanted, with the distro of my choice ready to go. The real test of a provider though is how they deal with problems, and after I crashed my server recently (I misconfigured the NIC - oops!) they ...Ian - Richardson Digital