How to Set the PHP Version per Folder?
Do you have a single domain or wish to use different PHP versions per folder? Do you have an installed PHP 5.x software in a folder/blog and want to use a PHP 7.x instead? If so, you can do this using cPanel and the .htaccess file.
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the MultiPHP Manager icon.
3. Assume that we are new to this, and the first thing we will need to do is to get the code generated by cPanel.
4. Scroll down to the end of the page, select your domain from the left side, and see the PHP Version option. With a drop-down list on the right side. Select the appropriate PHP version from the drop-down menu and click the Apply button.
5. Now open the /public_html/.htaccess file in the cPanel File Manager or in your FTP client, and you will find the code generated by cPanel.
6. After you copy the code, you will wish to set the PHP version to version 7 in the folder/forum, which means you will need to create a .htaccess file in the folder /forum/ and paste the code generated in the previous step in it.
7. Congratulations, now your folder/forum uses PHP 7, and if you wish to set any other folder to use the same version of PHP as well, you will only need to copy the code from the .htaccess file and paste it into that folder.
Reset your PHP version from your main domain. If you wish to use a different PHP version on any folder, you will need to follow steps 5 and 6, generate the code, copy that code from /public_html/.htaccess and paste it into any folder where you wish to set your selected PHP version.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
We have been a customer with RackSRV for many years. They are very responsive to queries and are always willing to help us. Even when it involves after hours service! Solids servers and solid support.Adrian
I've been with racksrv for only a week, but so far any tickets raised have been answered in under 10 minutes. If this is the customer service I am to expect from RackSRV, I do hope if a serious problem arises it will be resolved in the same manner. I'll definitely write another review in a years time. Thank you RackSRV...Sammy
Well so far and 3 months in I only have praise for the team at RackSRV. After being let down over the years with empty promises, poor service, failing hardware, I moved to RackSRV to host all our business sites and personal busy forums. To date 3 months on, reliability has been 100%, performance better than I expect...Paul - Navigate IT
We have been using several of RackSRV services for over a decade now and we have always been incredibly impressed with the quality of service that they provide. We have used their rackspace service for over 4 years and I cannot remember the last time that there was an outage (I know that our uptime for the previous ...Alex - Callout Computers UK Ltd
My community (Aprilon Network) and I have wanted to try out a dedicated server to host gameservers on. This has turned out to be a success, your dedicated server and network is excellent! We've had significant traffic to our Team Fortress 2 servers (along with exclusive events that were a success), that it has ...Karl Juan
Having been with Racksrv for a year I can highly recommend there services and dedicated servers. Support are always very helpful and reply (Even at stupid o'clock in the morning!) And always went out of their way to assist us. The network and infrastructure is fantastic and we experienced no downtime at all du...James
Having been a user of remote servers from multiple hosts over many years (far more than I like to remember) I have left them all due to terrible customer after service once they had my custom. After leaving a major provider a few years ago I was pointed in the direction of racksrv. Racksrv are a different breed of ...Graham