How to Set the PHP Version per Folder?
Do you have a single domain or wish to use different PHP versions per folder? Do you have an installed PHP 5.x software in a folder/blog and want to use a PHP 7.x instead? If so, you can do this using cPanel and the .htaccess file.
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the Software section, click on the MultiPHP Manager icon.
3. Assume that we are new to this, and the first thing we will need to do is to get the code generated by cPanel.
4. Scroll down to the end of the page, select your domain from the left side, and see the PHP Version option. With a drop-down list on the right side. Select the appropriate PHP version from the drop-down menu and click the Apply button.
5. Now open the /public_html/.htaccess file in the cPanel File Manager or in your FTP client, and you will find the code generated by cPanel.
6. After you copy the code, you will wish to set the PHP version to version 7 in the folder/forum, which means you will need to create a .htaccess file in the folder /forum/ and paste the code generated in the previous step in it.
7. Congratulations, now your folder/forum uses PHP 7, and if you wish to set any other folder to use the same version of PHP as well, you will only need to copy the code from the .htaccess file and paste it into that folder.
Reset your PHP version from your main domain. If you wish to use a different PHP version on any folder, you will need to follow steps 5 and 6, generate the code, copy that code from /public_html/.htaccess and paste it into any folder where you wish to set your selected PHP version.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
A big thanks to Jon, he has provided us an excellent support service over the last few months. If your looking for a host which offers high speeds then this is the perfect place for you!Bryan
My client has used RackSRV since 2013 and they have been fantastic. We migrated to RackSRV from another leading UK hosted solutions company that seemed obsessed with upselling unsuitable solutions at ridiculous prices - RackSRV have in contrast found suitable solutions at reasonable prices. It is so rare to talk to ...Pete
Customer service provided by RackSRV was excellent. Fast response to tickets and providing assistance where possible. Along with this pricing at RackSRV was very competitive even at high end upgrades. Overall a great company and would defiantly recommend to others looking for a UK dedicated server.Joe - CityCraft
I've used a few hosting companies prior to racksrv. I've been with them now for many years. The service, help and reliability is amazing I can truly recommend this company. They value you as their customer and treat you like a friend.Martin
I have been with RackSRV for two years now, I moved to them to host our company website, I was looking for a reliable fast and value for money UK hosting provider and with RackSRV I certainly found what I was looking for. You will get a first class service from the RackSRV team. They are always quick to respond to ema...Humberto - Media Rooms
I'm extremely satisfied with RackSrv. Network and uptime are excellent and the support is second to none. Choosing to work with RackSrv has been one of the best, most profitable business decisions my company has made. In short, we would like to applaud you for being one of the few companies we truly enjoy working with....Apostolos
We have been very satisfied with the quality of service, and especially the level of support given for an unmanaged server, Jon is always there to help out. Very professional and polite, will be considering this company again!Keith