How to Manually Install/Reinstall an OS, Using SolusVM for Customized Installation?
The SolusVM Automatic Reinstall option does not allow you to modify or create a custom partition, but you can manually install an OS by following these instructions:
1. Login to your SolusVM Control Panel.
2. If you have multiple VPS, select the appropriate one.
3. Scroll down, and under the settings tab, change the Boot Order to (1) CDROM (2) Hard Disk.
4. Now click on the CDRom tab, and if the CD-ROM is already mounted, click on unmount and then select your operating system from the list. Then click on Mount.
5. Reboot your VPS by clicking on Reboot, and it will show a confirmation window. Then click on, Yes.
6. Now quickly click on VNC without waiting.
7. The new VNC page will open. Click on HTML5 VNC Client SSL or Java VNC Client button.
8. If you click on Java VNC Client, it will prompt for confirmation. Click Ok or Continue, and it will show a Security Warning. Accept it and click on Run.
9. Most operating systems will ask you to press any button to start an OS installation while booting. You need to press any key on your keyboard when asked, and the OS Installation/Reinstallation will begin. It may also show you an option like Install OS or Test this media. For OS Installation/Reinstallation, you need to select Install OS and press the enter button.
Once the installation begins, while setting up the OS, it will ask you to create partitions, set-root/admin passwords, etc.
After the installation is complete, do not forget to set your VPS Boot Order to (1) Hard Disk (2) CDROM. Otherwise, it will reboot your VPS and start in installation mode instead of normal mode.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
We've had our sites located on a dedicated Linux server with RackSrv since 2015. The team from RackSRV have always been responsive, and a pleasure to deal with. The hardware and network have been rock solid, quick and exactly what we need. It really has been an all round great experience.Piers - Wonder Works Limited
Support response times are awesome and solutions are perfect. Many thanks to support team, Great work!Jorma - Luneco
Your service has been 5 star and the server itself was fantastic. Your support was extremely good - I would consider it as a WOW factor for your business!Nick - Entire Technology
Jon@RackSRV has been great to us, we have a couple of off-net servers with them for backup/DR purposes and have had zero problems. Everything was set up quickly, despite us choosing the wrong options when ordering the server and the prices Jon gave us are fantastic, no-one else could even come near them. I've never...Freethought - Freethought Internet Limited
I have used RackSRV for around two years now for colocation and the service has been fantastic. The network is incredibly fast and reliable, any planned maintenance has always been announced well before it is carried out. The level of customer service Jon and his team provide is also faultless and they are often exceed...Chris - The Hosting Heroes Ltd
I found the box/uptime/network to be generally excellent. In addition your support and response time are both strong. Again, thanks for the generally excellent service and I hope your business continues to prosper.Dane
We spent just over six months with RackSRV and cannot knock the service. Jon was always able to answer our questions, queries or problems we had and resolved issues very quickly! With years in the online server industry I'd defiantly recommend RackSRV to customers looking for a competitive price & reliable service....James - Zare.co.uk