How to Manually Install/Reinstall an OS, Using SolusVM for Customized Installation?
The SolusVM Automatic Reinstall option does not allow you to modify or create a custom partition, but you can manually install an OS by following these instructions:
1. Login to your SolusVM Control Panel.
2. If you have multiple VPS, select the appropriate one.
3. Scroll down, and under the settings tab, change the Boot Order to (1) CDROM (2) Hard Disk.
4. Now click on the CDRom tab, and if the CD-ROM is already mounted, click on unmount and then select your operating system from the list. Then click on Mount.
5. Reboot your VPS by clicking on Reboot, and it will show a confirmation window. Then click on, Yes.
6. Now quickly click on VNC without waiting.
7. The new VNC page will open. Click on HTML5 VNC Client SSL or Java VNC Client button.
8. If you click on Java VNC Client, it will prompt for confirmation. Click Ok or Continue, and it will show a Security Warning. Accept it and click on Run.
9. Most operating systems will ask you to press any button to start an OS installation while booting. You need to press any key on your keyboard when asked, and the OS Installation/Reinstallation will begin. It may also show you an option like Install OS or Test this media. For OS Installation/Reinstallation, you need to select Install OS and press the enter button.
Once the installation begins, while setting up the OS, it will ask you to create partitions, set-root/admin passwords, etc.
After the installation is complete, do not forget to set your VPS Boot Order to (1) Hard Disk (2) CDROM. Otherwise, it will reboot your VPS and start in installation mode instead of normal mode.
News @ RackSRV
- 21 SepUrgent maintenance to RackSRV website
We are currently experiencing a sharp and unexpected down turn in performance on the VPS node res...16 JulDR Network Maintenance 04/08/21
We have received notification from the upstream provider at our DR facility (i.e. not KSP) that t...20 JanHalf price promotion for new managed ser...
To celebrate what will hopefully be a more positive year, we have launched a new promo - enter th...
- 24 Dec50% off for Festive Period
It's Christmas tomorrow yet you are still worrying about your hosting? Well let us take away thos...30 NovKSP Power Maintenance 07/12/2020 - Compl...
We have received notification today from our data centre facility partner advising that UK Power ...27 NovBlack Friday 2020 Sale
Here at RackSRV we're celebrating Black Friday by offering a massive 50% discount off the first m...
- 25 NovKSP Network Maintenance 07/12/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...13 NovUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 13/11/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...07 NovKSP Network Maintenance 11/11/2020
We have received notification from our upstream that maintenance is due to take place on legs of ...
- 05 NovcPanel overnight update issues with Mari...
As of 04/11/2020 There seems to be an issue with the latest version of MariaDB packaged with cPan...05 SepUrgent maintenance to VPS3 on 05/09/20 @...
Apologies for the short notice but we need to announce the following service impacting maintenanc...25 AugUnexpected maintenance on VPS3 - Complet...
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to schedule the following emergency maintenance wi...
Being a customer at RackSRV has always been easy, they are helpful and I have no complaints. Only in the beginning of my time as a customer was there some rare downtime, but RackSRV has just got better and better with time. The staff seem pro at what they do, last year there has not had any downtime that I've noti...Tore
Racksrv's VPS's are awesome, they're powerful servers, with very little load, plus an excellent network and staff.Adam
I lead a team of bleeding edge text miners at meme-machines.com, and need reliable colocation and support for our custom hot-rod hardware. That's what I get from Jon and the team at RackSRV, but I also get more. When mysteries emerge, and in our line of work that's unavoidable, they will always go quietly and...Chris - Datamonkees
Been here a long time now with a dedicated server. Very good and will be here for the long run. Good service at a great price. Cheers guys!Stephen - Fuzzlepop Ltd
Customer service provided by RackSRV was excellent. Fast response to tickets and providing assistance where possible. Along with this pricing at RackSRV was very competitive even at high end upgrades. Overall a great company and would defiantly recommend to others looking for a UK dedicated server.Joe - CityCraft
I found the box/uptime/network to be generally excellent. In addition your support and response time are both strong. Again, thanks for the generally excellent service and I hope your business continues to prosper.Dane
I have been a customer of RackSRV with three co-located servers for over 5 years now and cannot fault the reliability of the service or the commitment of Jon and his team when I have needed assistance. I would happily recommend RackSRV to anyone :)Ed