Portal Home > Knowledgebase > Dedicated Servers > How to open and close ports in CSF via WHM
How to open and close ports in CSF via WHM
This will guide you through opening and closing ports assuming you have WHM installed and can install the CSF plugin!
1) Install CSF follow their documentation @ http://www.configserver.com/free/csf/install.txt
2) Navigate to the Plugins section and select "ConfigServer Security&Firewall"
3) Go to firewall configuration on the CSF page in the "csf - ConfigServer Firewall" section
4) Scroll to IPV4 port settings, then in TCP_IN, TCP_OUT set the ports you want to allow in and outbound
5) Enter the relevant ports you need opening in the TCP_IN/TCP_OUT/UDP_IN/UDP_OUTS field (remove port(s) if you want to block!)
6) Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Change" then on the following page "Restart csf+ldf"
That's it, time to test! :)
Add to Favourites
Print this Article